
Ryan Richards is the 2nd floor RA and helps run the Social Awareness, Action, and Activism Stream.
1. Where are you from? How long have you been in NYC? At NYU?
I'm from a town on a small Island in Washington State. At 18, I left home to attend an international prep school in New Mexico and then went to Juniata College in Pennsylvania for undergrad. Most recently, I was living and working in Guatemala from 06-08 and then moved to NYC last fall to attend NYU.
2. What graduate program are you enrolled in? What's a favorite aspect of your studies? What are your plans after you receive your degree?
Public Administration at the Wagner School of Public Service. I'm such a nerd -- my circuits really start to hum with happiness over things like group dynamics, strategic planning and organizational development. I'd like to go into Management Consulting in order to further build out the "Get stuff done" skill set and help organizations better deliver upon their mission to generate social value.
3. How would you like to foster floor community this year?
Food and music. Food. And music.
4. What are a few of the things you'd like to do with your stream?
We've got a lot of cool stuff in the works for the semester, as well as nascent plans for an alternative spring break. Right now I'm getting petty excited about bringing my stream to see some civil rights-oriented stand up comedy.
Thanks!
1 comment:
Yay for stand-up comedy!
Post a Comment