1. Where are you from? How long have you been in NYC? At NYU?
Hello! I'm from Monterrey, Mexico. I have been a graduate student at NYU for the last two years. I graduated from Wagner in May of 2010 with a Master of Urban Planning and this Fall I will start a second graduate program at Tisch.
2. What program are you enrolled in? What's a favorite aspect of your studies? What are your plans after you receive your degree?
I am currently enrolled in the Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP). I love geographic data, and hope to learn many design and programming skills that will help me create interactive maps about all sorts of social issues. ITP is a wonderful and collaborative place; everyone is full of energy and creativity. My goal after graduation is to visualize data in beautiful and useful ways.
3. How would you like to foster floor community this year?
As you can probably tell by now, I'm fascinated by geography and human interaction with the physical environment. Therefore, my ideal way of building community is through exploring all the awesome and unique neighborhoods, public spaces and landmarks that the city has to offer. Join me on Saturday mornings and let's go exploring!
4. What are a few of the things you'd like to do with your stream?
I'd like to discover eateries and foods that are unique to New York City. I'd like to emphasize that there is life and food outside of Manhattan, so this year's Foodie Stream will visit restaurants and markets that are in the outer boroughs.
5. What is your favorite weekend activity?
Catching live shows! I love concerts and music.
Hello! I'm from Monterrey, Mexico. I have been a graduate student at NYU for the last two years. I graduated from Wagner in May of 2010 with a Master of Urban Planning and this Fall I will start a second graduate program at Tisch.
2. What program are you enrolled in? What's a favorite aspect of your studies? What are your plans after you receive your degree?
I am currently enrolled in the Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP). I love geographic data, and hope to learn many design and programming skills that will help me create interactive maps about all sorts of social issues. ITP is a wonderful and collaborative place; everyone is full of energy and creativity. My goal after graduation is to visualize data in beautiful and useful ways.
3. How would you like to foster floor community this year?
As you can probably tell by now, I'm fascinated by geography and human interaction with the physical environment. Therefore, my ideal way of building community is through exploring all the awesome and unique neighborhoods, public spaces and landmarks that the city has to offer. Join me on Saturday mornings and let's go exploring!
4. What are a few of the things you'd like to do with your stream?
I'd like to discover eateries and foods that are unique to New York City. I'd like to emphasize that there is life and food outside of Manhattan, so this year's Foodie Stream will visit restaurants and markets that are in the outer boroughs.
5. What is your favorite weekend activity?
Catching live shows! I love concerts and music.
No comments:
Post a Comment