Saturday, November 12, 2011

ResCollege Cookie Exchange


--by Kat Corson

Quick question: who doesn't LOVE cookies?

Crazy people. Fortunately, no one in Broome is crazy. Maybe crazy passionate or crazy awesome, but not straight-up crazy. This quality of our ResCollege residents allowed us to run the 2nd Annual ResCollege Cookie Exchange!

In our cookie exchange, students paired up within and across buildings to bake cookies. And the best part is that College Board reimburses students up to $15 for their cookie ingredients. Baking cookies for free? I'm in!

I baked with my partner from last year's exchange and with a freshman in Goddard and it was a ton of fun! We made chewy pecan cookies and although we burned the first batch, the other three batches came out rather scrumptiously.




The other pairs were also very creative: raspberry cheesecake chocolate, chocolate chip pumpkin, peanut butter oatmeal, chocolate peanut butter pillow vegan, no-bake and fall spice cookies galore! It was a boatload of delicious cookies and a very nice spread. We also had milk to help polish them off.

Once everyone introduced themselves and their cookies, everyone hung out, mingled, and ate lots and lots of cookies. It was pretty delicious. I definitely went into a cookie food coma. The food coma was pretty awesome, but now I'm basically ready to pass out.

At the end of the event, we had SO many extra cookies we decided to donate them to the Midnight Bake Sale toward research for Lou Gehrig's disease. So not only did we bake for fun, we baked for good!

So if you like baking and cookie food comas, I highly recommend you participate in this event next year!

No comments: