Broome Global Ambasaddor
This month has revolved around trying my best to immerse myself in this beautiful country. I participate in an exchange program with Italian students every Tuesday evening. Around 15 NYU students meet with University of Florence students and we have dinner and chat for a few hours. I love hearing about everyone’s different lifestyles and getting to practice my Italian. In my spare time, I try to explore as much of Florence as I can, which gets frustrating at times because I have a terrible sense of direction and get lost quite easily, but it is also rewarding. This past week I finally ventured into the Mercato Centrale to buy groceries for myself. This market dates back several hundred years and was the first permanent marketplace in Florence. It was originally built so that butchers could set up stands to sell their products. I pushed past the many stalls right outside the market selling leather goods and made my way inside. What first caught my eye were all the different types of fish and meat. I stuck to buying mostly produce, although I did purchase a simple prosciutto and cheese sandwich and a few cookies also.
I also try to explore the other cities of Italy. This past month, I went to Venice, Verona and Rome and am leaving to go to Capri and Naples tomorrow morning! I also have a trip planned for April to go to the fisherman’s villages at Cinque Terre and also Sicily. It’s been amazing seeing the differences in all the Italian cities. Each region has its own culture and its own style.
The pictures I’ve posted are from my travels to Venice, Verona, Paris, London, and Rome.


No comments:
Post a Comment