Saturday, September 19, 2009

Meet your RAs: Christina Zembruski (4th floor)


Christina Zembruski is the Fourth Floor RA and helps direct the Music Appreciation Stream.

1. Where are you from? How long have you been in NYC? At NYU?

I am from Pompton Plains, NJ, which is located about 30 minutes outside of New York City. I have lived in New York City for the past four years, while I completed my undergraduate degree at Fordham University. This is my first year at NYU.

2. What graduate program are you enrolled in? What's a favorite aspect of your studies? What are your plans after you receive your degree?

I am enrolled in the Music Business graduate program at Steinhardt. I particularly enjoy being able to study and discuss music from a business perspective, as well as the challenge to think creatively in order to revive the music industry. I am currently unsure of my plans for after I receive my degree. As of now I am leaning towards going into concert promotion and management.

3. How would you like to foster floor community this year?

I would like to foster floor community through programming and a general feeling of friendship on the floor. Through individual and group interaction a sense of pride and community will be developed as the fourth floor begins to come together.

4. What are a few of the things you'd like to do with your stream?

I would like to explore different types of music, particularly focusing on how all genres of music, at this point, are intertwined through various aspects. I would like to go to the Met, Jazz Brunch and host a composers workshop.

Thanks!

No comments: