Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Meet Your RAs: Salma Walji (5th floor)

Salma Walji is the 5th floor RA. She's also assigned to work with the Politics, History, and Current Events stream.

1. Where are you from? How long have you been in NYC? At NYU?

I was born in Alberta, Canada. I moved to New York in Fall of 2008 to begin graduate school at NYU. I have been at NYU for a little more than a year now.

2. What graduate program are you enrolled in? What's a favorite aspect of your studies? What are your plans after you receive your degree?

I am enrolled in a Master of Public Administration (Health Policy & Management) program at NYU Wagner Graduate School of Public Service. My favorite part about studying health policy & management is that I better understand the "bigger issues of healthcare" while relating them to my frontline experiences as a nurse. After I receive my degree, I hope to travel to Asia, and to work in the area of health economics.

3. How would you like to foster floor community this year?

I would like to help build community both on the fifth floor, and within the Politics, History and Current Events stream. I hope this can be done by connecting with residents individually, as well as working together to plan certain programs.

4. What are a few of the things you'd like to do with your stream?

I would like to view a political/historical documentary or film, and have a thought provoking conversation over dinner with stream members. I would also like to plan an event related to healthcare issues in the media right now. This may be done in conjunction with a few other streams. I definitely want to brainstorm with our stream members and come up with some ideas together as well.

Thanks!

No comments: