Dan Cohen is the 8th floor RA and helps coordinate the Bioethics, Health and Science stream.
1. Where are you from? How long have you been in NYC? At NYU?
I was born in South Africa but lived most of my life in a suburb just north of Toronto, Ontario, in Canada. I have lived in NYC since August 2007 and have been at NYU for the same amount of time.
2. What graduate program are you enrolled in? What's a favorite aspect of your studies? What are your plans after you receive your degree?
I am at the College of Dentistry where I am enrolled in a Doctorate of Dental Surgery degree. I aspire to become an oral maxillofacial surgeon following graduation.
Dentistry is an amazingly diverse field that incorporates many disciplines of science and humanities. My favorite aspect of the profession is the human element; working with people is extremely rewarding!
3. How would you like to foster floor community this year?
I hope to establish an environment that embraces honesty and respect. Through the cultivation of these two fundamental living qualities each of us will feel accepted regardless of our beliefs, interests and characters.
4. What are a few of the things you'd like to do with your stream?
I would like to expand on the appreciation each of us has of the impact of bioethics, health and science on our everyday lives.
If we can develop an understanding of current issues related to our stream that have dramatic effects on our culture and society then we might be empowered to make better decisions toward healthier living.
Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment