
Savetrie is the RA on the 4th floor.
1. Where are you from? How long have you been in NYC? At NYU?
I am a native New Yorker, born and raised in Brooklyn! I have lived in Brooklyn my whole life, but for the past three years I have been living in the City. Having also completed my undergraduate education here, this year will commence my 6th year at NYU as a student.
2. What program are you enrolled in? What's a favorite aspect of your studies? What are your plans after you receive your degree?
I am currently enrolled in the Communicative Sciences and Disorders Master's program where I will receive a Master of Science degree in Speech Language Pathology. One of my most favorite aspects of this field is the flexibility the profession offers you. I could work in a variety of settings, and with a variety of populations (i.e. pediatric, elderly, hospital, schools, etc). After receiving my degree I plan on working in the public school system for a few years before opening a private practice.
3. How would you like to foster floor community this year?
I would like to foster floor community through diverse programming. We are all busy people, and I hope that by creating programs which are easily accessible to my residents, a floor community will develop and grow. I hope to experiment with my baking skills at some point this year, but in the mean time I will be sure to exercise my purchasing power by providing yummy goodies from around the neighborhood. Movie nights and casual outings are the avenues I plan on taking to help build my floor community. I also hope some of my residents take initiative in coming up with amazing community building games.
4. What are a few of the things you'd like to do with your stream?
This year I'm heading the "Soundz" stream with FA Brian Gill. I hope to experience the many beats of NY and the world by venturing into the city and exploring musical events out in the boroughs. We plan on visiting nearby jazz clubs, opera performances, broadway plays, and even jam to our own musical talents right here in Broome! I'm interested in bringing all the sounds of the world to the Sounds stream this year and am excited about what lies ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment