Jenn is the RA on the 6th floor and is also the RA for the World Affairs Stream.
1. Where are you from? How long have you been in NYC? At NYU?
I was born and raised outside of Boston in Concord, Ma (but I grew up loving the New York Yankees!). I’ve been in New York for 3 years and have been at NYU for that whole time.
2. What program are you enrolled in? What's a favorite aspect of your studies? What are your plans after you receive your degree?
I am a senior in the College of Arts and Sciences studying Politics, Religious Studies, and Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies. My favorite part of my studies is learning a little bit about life outside the US. I also love learning about the beliefs and values that motivate people to practice religion and advocate certain political point of views.
After graduation, I plan on taking a year off to practice meditation and do a little bit of traveling. Then I hope to enroll in Graduate School for Peace and Conflict Resolution Studies ideally in Costa Rica! I do need to learn Spanish though and I am always looking for teachers/people to practice with!
3. How would you like to foster floor community this year?
I think one of the best ways to foster community on the floor is have an open door policy. Keep your door open and see who stops by. There’s nothing like striking up a random topic with your neighbors. It’s also great to be able to stop by and ask people to borrow something. Just be open with everyone!
As a floor we will also be having some stellar events both in Broome and in the neighborhood (Chinatown super arcade, anyone?). By coming out to those, I think we can all get to know each other and have a blast while doing so!
4. What are a few of the things you'd like to do with your stream?
I hope the World Affairs Stream this year gives people an opportunity to learn about the world through the microcosm that is New York City. We will have the opportunity to hear speakers, attend debates and panels, and see major international institutions, like the United Nations. In my opinion, New York is the best place to learn about the whole world without having to hop on a plane.
Fun Fact: Did you know New York City is the only city in the world where there are students from every single country enrolled in the public school system?
5. What is your favorite pastime?
Baseball, baseball, and baseball (Go Yankees!). I also love to run, swim, watch the West Wing, read about New York, and travel. Come watch a game with me or mark where you have been in the world on the map in my room!
1. Where are you from? How long have you been in NYC? At NYU?
I was born and raised outside of Boston in Concord, Ma (but I grew up loving the New York Yankees!). I’ve been in New York for 3 years and have been at NYU for that whole time.
2. What program are you enrolled in? What's a favorite aspect of your studies? What are your plans after you receive your degree?
I am a senior in the College of Arts and Sciences studying Politics, Religious Studies, and Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies. My favorite part of my studies is learning a little bit about life outside the US. I also love learning about the beliefs and values that motivate people to practice religion and advocate certain political point of views.
After graduation, I plan on taking a year off to practice meditation and do a little bit of traveling. Then I hope to enroll in Graduate School for Peace and Conflict Resolution Studies ideally in Costa Rica! I do need to learn Spanish though and I am always looking for teachers/people to practice with!
3. How would you like to foster floor community this year?
I think one of the best ways to foster community on the floor is have an open door policy. Keep your door open and see who stops by. There’s nothing like striking up a random topic with your neighbors. It’s also great to be able to stop by and ask people to borrow something. Just be open with everyone!
As a floor we will also be having some stellar events both in Broome and in the neighborhood (Chinatown super arcade, anyone?). By coming out to those, I think we can all get to know each other and have a blast while doing so!
4. What are a few of the things you'd like to do with your stream?
I hope the World Affairs Stream this year gives people an opportunity to learn about the world through the microcosm that is New York City. We will have the opportunity to hear speakers, attend debates and panels, and see major international institutions, like the United Nations. In my opinion, New York is the best place to learn about the whole world without having to hop on a plane.
Fun Fact: Did you know New York City is the only city in the world where there are students from every single country enrolled in the public school system?
5. What is your favorite pastime?
Baseball, baseball, and baseball (Go Yankees!). I also love to run, swim, watch the West Wing, read about New York, and travel. Come watch a game with me or mark where you have been in the world on the map in my room!
1 comment:
Jenn you're so gorgeous in this picture!!
Post a Comment