
Paolo is the 9th Floor RA. He is also the RA Advisor for Broome Hall Council and College Board.
1. Where are you from? How long have you been in NYC? At NYU?
I'm from California, straight from the Bay Area in a quaint suburban city called Menlo Park. This will be my fourth year in New York and at NYU. While I enjoy what New York has to offer at all times of day and night, I think I'll always be a Cali sort of kid. What can I say? I'm a closeted hippie...
2. What program are you enrolled in? What's a favorite aspect of your studies? What are your plans after you receive your degree?
I'm currently a Senior at Gallatin. I've been studying Performance, Gender and Sexuality, and Cultural Analysis. Soon I'll be going on my vision quest, where my concentration name will be revealed to me, so stay tuned for the Grand Utterance! I love being in control of my studies, and the interdisciplinary aspect of Gallatin helps me understand and connect to all sorts of classes and people. When I'm done, I'd like to do one of two things- work on a cruise ship for a bit as a lounge singer, or go back to California, work for a bit, take some classes at a local community college, and then head off and join the Peace Corps. After that I'd go to graduate school for International Relations in DC (It's my favorite East Coast place after New York City).
3. How would you like to foster floor community this year?
I like board games (see 9th Floor decorations), cooking and baking, and watching movies. I know we all have our own lives to think about, but it really makes a difference when you acknowledge another person on your floor! I've got some programs planned where we learn more about the city we live in while hopefully learning more about ourselves. I would love to plan events with my residents too, so don't be shy bouncing ideas off me for floor programs! We're a community, so we should take an active role and do something!
4. What are a few of the things you'd like to do with your stream?
I'll be the RA Advisor for Broome Hall Council and College Board. If you're interested in getting involved in your Residential Hall and/or Residential College, you should contact me! It's gonna be a great year and I can't wait to help my residents out! Any questions or comments about Hall Council or College Board email me at paoloplopez@gmail.com
5. What is your spirit animal?
I'd have to say my spirit animal is a bear. I consider it to be kind and ferocious, loyal to friends, strong, and a great caregiver. I like to give hugs too, and I'm told they are very bear-like. I also enjoy sleep and honey.
1 comment:
Yesssss to the Spirit Animal question! Keep the dream alive!
Post a Comment