by Carl Cota-Robles
Broome Global Ambassador
Hey everyone,
March had been a pretty crazy month for me over here in London. The first two months seem relatively easy in comparison to the whirlwind of events that's going on right now for me.
On March 9th my spring break began. For most London students, Spring Break has just started now, but Tisch London has an earlier and shorter (1-week instead of 2 weeks) Spring Break than the rest of NYU London. I took that week to travel to Cardiff, Wales and Dublin, Ireland, which was a great trip, if not a little exhausting. Probably the most exhausting part of the trip was taking two overnight bus/ferry trips, but I'll get to that later.
Upon arriving in Cardiff I quickly discovered that the entire population of Wales had also had the same idea I had about going to Cardiff for the weekend, although not for the same reason. I was there to see the sights, specifically Doctor Who related things because that's like my favorite TV show ever. But everyone else was there to watch the Wales vs. Italy Rugby match. It was crazy. However, despite the craziness, I did manage to find a Dalek that Saturday morning and get a random Welsh guy to take a picture of me with the Dalek.
Highlights from the Cardiff trip included seeing the Cardiff Castle, which was originally built by the Romans but expanded upon by the Normans and other people, the National Museum, and the Cardiff Bay and Millennium Center where I saw a Doctor Who Concert. What's that, you ask? It's where you watch an episode of Doctor Who while listening to the BBC National Orchestra of Wales play all the music live. Most awesome experience of my trip to Cardiff right there.
Then, I took an overnight bus to Dublin, and was so exhausted afterward I had to take a short nap and didn't really do anything my first day there except explore the city a little. My second day I went on a walking tour of the city, where I learned a ton of history and got to see a ton of different cool sights. My next two days in Dublin after that were spent visiting Dublinia, a viking museum, the Christ Church, the National Archaeology Museum, and the Dublin Zoo. It was all awesome.
Since Spring Break ended, I've had piles and piles of homework to do, however, I have also managed to visit the Hampton Court Palace, which was an awesome place. There were a bunch of old rooms of Henry VIII, Henry VII, and other kings and queens, as well as a beautiful garden in the back with a maze that was small but still fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment