Friday, September 11, 2009

Meet your RAs: Randy Lesko (9th floor)


Randy Lesko is the 9th floor RA. He also helps lead the Broome Community Group.

1. Where are you from? How long have you been in NYC? At NYU?

I was born in New Jersey but have lived most of my life in Port Chester, NY, an hour away from NYC. I started my undergraduate studies at NYU 4 years ago, and have decided to come back for my graduate studies because I love it so much!

2. What graduate program are you enrolled in? What's a favorite aspect of your studies? What are your plans after you receive your degree?

I am a first-year student in the Higher Education Administration program in Steinhardt. The best part about this major is that I get to work with college students all day long! I am a graduate assistant at Marymount Manhattan College, so when I’m not in Broome St or in class, I work with all the student clubs and organizations at MMC. I plan to continue in either Residence Life or Student Affairs once I graduate, most likely in the beautiful state of California.

3. How would you like to foster floor community this year?

In my view, community is built from the ground up. For me, that means getting to know all of my residents, and in turn, giving them opportunities to get to know each other. That can be through programming, conversations, and food, just to name a few--although, they certainly don’t have to be exclusive of one another!

4. What are a few of the things you'd like to do with your stream?

I loved hearing about all of the wonderful things that BCG has already done. BCG has some long-standing partnerships with organizations in the area that we would love to share with new ResCollege students. Stephanie Smith-Waterman and I have some great ideas on how to give back to our community, but we also would love to hear from you! Please let us know about and organizations you already work with, or if you have ideas for community service projects!

Thanks!

No comments: