
Randy Lesko is the 10th floor RA. He is also the co-advisor for the Broome Community Group.
1. Where are you from? How long have you been in NYC? At NYU?
I was born in New Jersey but have lived most of my life in Port Chester, NY, an hour away from NYC. I have been in New York City for the past 5 years, and I am starting my 6th (and final!) year at NYU this year. I graduated in May 2009 and came right back for my graduate studies.
2. What program are you enrolled in? What's a favorite aspect of your studies? What are your plans after you receive your degree?
I am a second-year in the Higher Education Administration program in Steinhardt. The best part about this major is that I get to work with college students all day long! I am a graduate assistant in the Office of Student Development & Activities at Marymount Manhattan College, so when I’m not in Broome St or in class, I work with all the student clubs and organizations at MMC. I also advise the Griffin Yearbook and coordinate their Intramural Sports program. This year, I am adding “faculty member” to my list of roles at MMC—I am teaching a first-year seminar for incoming freshmen. I plan to continue in either Student Activities or another department in Student Affairs once I graduate, most likely in the beautiful state of California.
3. How would you like to foster floor community this year?
In my view, community is built from the ground up. For me, that means getting to know all of my residents, and in turn, giving them opportunities to get to know each other. That can be through programming, conversations, and food, just to name a few--although, they certainly don’t have to be exclusive of one another!
4. What are a few of the things you'd like to do with your stream?
Stephanie Smith-Waterman and I are more than excited to work with the Broome Community Group this year. We were so happy with all of the great work that BCG produced over the course of the year. One of the best moments last year was when BCG won a campus-wide Community of the Year award!
5. What’s your biggest fear?
I am terrified of deer, both dead and alive. I think this partly stems from the movie Tommy Boy, but I understand it is completely irrational. Despite me knowing that, it doesn’t change the fact that they give me panic attacks.
No comments:
Post a Comment