
So, for the record, "Requiem for Detroit?" (what I'm going to call 'R4D?') is NOT a spin-off of Requiem for a Dream- you don't have to worry about wanting to curl up in the fetal position and suck your thumb after watching it.
In fact, you'll probably want to strap up your boots and head out to Detroit with us. I had only seen bits and pieces of the documentary before, but by the end of the screening last night's screening, tears of hope, opportunity, and interpersonal inspiration started to well up.
It looks like there is an interest among us in not only the emergence of urban farming in Detroit, but also in expository (but non-gentrifying) art.
Here is a 2min BBC clip (I know... how is BBC covering Detroit more than America??) about the man behind Detroit's larget urban farming (for profit to boot!) initiatives:
If you have media or ideas to share about expository art in Detroit please post it on the blog and other Broome social media and
COME (with an appetite) TO THE 2nd R4D? SCREENING on Thursday at 8:30pm in the 5th floor lounge.
No comments:
Post a Comment